Take a deep breath because soon you will find yourself oceanside in a lovely sea breeze, letting all your cares melt away. Well maybe not exactly but here in the northeast when spring arrives spring fever ensues. We celebrate springs like the coming of a new world and it sorta is. It’s quite exhilarating to experience. Everyone sheds those extra lbs because we are shredding our clothing, lol. Windows are open for the first time in months. Fresh flowers now consume once barren ground. Parks, boardwalks and ball fields are all filled with people. The sounds of birds, lawn mowers and children playing outside start filling a Sunday morning. Ahhhhh YES, its spring. Are you getting the scenario yet?
What does this all mean, you say ? Well for some of us it is pure stress. Our minds just say holy crap! We need to lose weight and freshen up quick. For the love of God, bathing suits are upon us. That could feel like a locomotive speeding right at you. Oh, and it’s not just the weight, it is getting into shape, tanning, waxing you name it. There is lots to do. Shall we start with the winter bloat that must go. Some simple diet changes can help. When spring arrives so does lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Eating cucumbers and drinking my ginger tea along with lots of lemon water really helps me. I also start drinking apple cider vinegar. Getting the toxins out of your body will feel like spring for sure.
Here is a quick detox drink to make yourself.
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey organic and raw
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 glass of water (16 oz.)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a homogenous mixture. Drink the mixture every morning on an empty stomach. Make sure you prepare it day by day because it is best to be consumed fresh. Bottoms up, Enjoy the results!
We shouldn’t be looking at those tulips pushing up and stressing. START Walking. Don’t waste the daylight and this gorgeous weather. Before or after dinner I take a brisk walk. It’s terrific for the mind and the body. This is what truly helps me feel better and start settling into spring. Moving our bodies will always be the best overhaul. I only walk about a mile I night but I’m telling you it does wonders.
Now that we have tweaked our diets and started walking we can start to really become warm weather. We need to make things happen now. We are still pasty, wearing black, and haven’t had a pedicure in months. Good Grief!
OK THIS URGENT…Here are my 10 quick and easy get summer ready and feel good about yourself tips that should do the trick. I linked up each tip to the products so it will be easy to follow through. These products really make the difference for an easy transition into summer. I hope you will love them as much as I do.
Feel free to comment your best spring/summer products too.
- MOISTURIZE, I use coconut oil. It is great on nails, feet, hair, face, elbows and knees. It works quickly to get that…I woke up like this look. Don’t spend lots of money on it either, just buy the organic grocery store version. It’s extremely important to stick to organic when applying to skin. Our skin absorbs everything we put on it.
- ST. TROPEZ SELF TANNER, the light mouse with mitts is my favorite. I choice this on auto delivery so I never run out. Use with a natural tan as well to even out the look. A quick rub to the face, neck and arms will make you look sun-kissed anytime. A vacation in a bottle. I realize this contradicts my prior statement regarding putting organics to your skin but very girl has her exceptions. If this isn’t your exception check out Suzanne Somers and her self tanners they are organic. I love many her products already but II haven’t gotten around to ordering these yet. I hope they are great. Let me know if you have used them
- Pedi egg to get those winter feet smooth and pretty. There’s nothing more nearly than wearing those open toe shoes without that pedicured look. But, even a quick pedi can leave those tootsies still needs some extra TLC after wintering. I like this product because it goes in the shower.
- Nail polish will brighten up any day and will surely put a fresh summer look together in a pinch. It makes winter seem so long ago.
- I think it’s your hair that takes the real beating in winter. We constantly have hats on and the home heat dries your hair right out. Somehow everything seems so dull. Freshening up your hair is a spring must do for me. I love this L’Oreal product because it works great and the price is right for any budget. I love it.
- Mario Badesco is one of my favorite skin care lines. It’s not only priced right but it truly has just the right products. To deal with those break outs I use the buffering lotion but the rosewater spray is heaven. It cools a flush face, it tones, it is loaded with minerals and sets your make up in second. Keep it in the fridge to deal morning puffiness. This brightens up your face anytime of the year actually. Did I mention it’s $7.00, you will love it too.
- Every spring season needs a new a pair of flip flops. These rose gold havaianas last straight into fall. I buy a fresh pair every year and wear them with everything.
- Whiten your teeth is a no brainer because smiling in sunshine should be done without any apprehensions. Big smiles please. I use these Crest whitening stripes they are fast and work no mess.
- Lose the clothing. Shredding those layers can be quite intimidating a white tee is the quintessential warm weather attire. BUT, try a pastel or bright to ease yourself into summer. It hides a multitude of sins and you will have a chance to warm to up to summer. I love these jcrew v neck light weight tees with my jeans. Dress it up with a statement necklaces for a night out with or without the flip flops. They won’t break the bank so get every color but my go to color is the bright grotto.
- Here it is, my one must do you are nuts if you don’t get it tip… EXFOLIKATE! This exfoliant is the best way to remove all that dull dead skin from your face. It will leave your face fresh and glowing for days. I use in the winter too for a fast refresher and in spring to keep that glow going. This is my desert island item.